|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2017|
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Assistant Director of Nursing, you will:
- Manage of skilled client's nursing charts, ensure the needs of clients are being met, which includes reporting lab results to practitioners, develop and update the plan of care for each client at start of service and at least every six months, ensure all skilled visits are completed.
- Communicating of client issues and needs with the Director, to include weekly reports.
- Quality Assurance review of skilled charts on a regular basis.
- Coordination of nursing schedule for skilled clients with the scheduler.
- Review all pre-enrollment, start of care, quarterly and reassessment visit paperwork when submitted by nursing filed staff.
- Review of all paperwork for skilled nursing clients.
- Delegation over-sight of attendants.
- Ensuring practitioner orders for clients are current as needed to provide services.
- Assisting to evaluate client needs for supplies and adaptive aids to ensure they are ordered, if appropriate.
- Identifying skilled needs, referring to Home Health and assisting with Coordination of Care for skilled clients.
- Assisting with orientation of Special Attendants, as needed.
- Assisting with Medical Necessity Pending Denials and hearings, as needed.
- Making field visits, as needed.
- Assisting with and/or attending staffings/IDTs with clients and caseworkers, as needed.
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Home Care experience preferred. CBA or PHC knowledge and understanding preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state.
- Must obtain TILE Certification within DADS timeframes.
- Must have basic nursing skills to include assessment and documentation.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.