|Date Posted||October 9, 2017|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Working under the direct oversight of a Project Champion, the Ceramic Engineering Intern will work on either one large, or multiple small projects that are directly related to a continuous improvement outcome. This particular internship opportunity exists in one of our quarry tile manufacturing facilities.
Major Functions and Scope:
- Perform small scale batches using lab equipment.
- Hand press samples as needed for testing.
- Understand and use color monitoring equipment.
- Capture and analyze various data points using statistical software modeling.
- Use and read various measuring devices such as scales, micrometers, etc.
- Make visual and written observations of process flow and equipment.
- Participate on continuous improvement project team(s).
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ceramic or Materials Science Engineering that is ABET accredited.
- 0 -1 year previous manufacturing/production experience.
- Prior co-op or internship experience a plus.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good record keeping and listening skills.
- Accurate measurement capability.
- Ability to work on team of diversified persons.
- Ability to understand and speak basic English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Softwares to include Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).