|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Director of Transportation is responsible for strategic and operational management of both domestic and international transportation, to include cost reduction strategies, multi-modal transportation optimization, network optimization, imported container via ocean and drayage operations, and outbound traffic. This role is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations including Dispatch, Planning, and Routing. This role will oversee Key Process Indicators (KPIs) for equipment utilization and 3rd party carrier scorecards. This role will also oversee a broad scope of functional teams and deal with all modes such as Truckload, Less-Than-Truckload, Intermodal, Small Parcel, Ocean, Air, etc. This role reports directly to the VP of Supply Chain and will be responsible for approximately 30 people (corporate) and 70+ in the field (including drivers)
- Responsible for developing the transportation strategy for Dal Tile North America.
- Lead all productivity/savings projects which includes Network Optimization, Co-Load, Mode compliance, LTL usage reduction, pay-load factor, load consolidation programs, continuous moves, lower cost carriers, and dedicated fleets. etc.
- Oversee the management of Transportation RFPs. Works directly with vendors on negotiating rates and terms & conditions. Make recommendations for agreements with third party vendors and responsibility selecting carriers.
- Responsible for all freight finance, productivity, Strat Plan, and AOP. Manage departmental operating budget.
- Lead development and implementation of procurement strategy for Ocean, Rail, TL, LTL and Air.
- Responsible for all freight claims activity and recovery $$.
- Responsible for managing 3rd party freight Audit vendor.
- Manage and maintain 3pl dedicated fleets. Negotiate and assess the need at the time of contract renewal.
- Develop methods and procedures for transportation for managing expedite shipments.
- Oversees sourcing resources and create strategies to manage vendor base of transportation providers to deliver optimal performance balancing quality, service, and cost.
- Identify and implement industry best practices to support organizational direction.
- Identifies and creates strategies to optimize small parcel delivery leveraging national and regional networks.
- Implements strategies and efficiencies that reduce shipping costs within the supply chain network.
- Oversee the load planning process.
- Oversees the implementation of solutions to operational and service issues with carriers and warehouses. Oversees the implementation of programs for measuring on-time delivery.
- Design and manage a comprehensive carrier scorecard program, develops customized transportation strategies to increase service levels and reduce costs
- Provide strategic direction for and oversight of the day-to-day activities of equipment (asset) purchasing, asset maintenance, yard and shuttle personnel.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews.
- Directs monitors and effectively appraises the performance of all direct reports providing training and development activities where appropriate and holds staff accountable for their ongoing performance to specified standards.
- Partner with the executive and senior leadership throughout the organization to design and develop operational strategy that supports the organizational business needs and goals.
- Owns Total Transportation Management growth strategy and value proposition.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15+ years of directly related experience in Transportation, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- Extensive experience with ground and rail transportation solutions.
- Prior 3PL management experience that includes contract negotiation, procurement, SLAs etc.
- Proven leadership and people management skills, executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance.
- Strong knowledge of Fleet Maintenance Industry Standards.
- Experience in managing budgets and accountability for delivering financial targets required.
- Willing to travel at least 20% of the time.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Department of Transportation Regulations.
- Expert Computer Skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Transportation Management Systems and Fleet Maintenance Systems.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.