|Date Posted||February 7, 2019|
Under the direction of the Steward Supervisor, the Utility Worker maintains kitchen work area, restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Scrapes food from china, glassware and flatware and washes them by hand or places them on racks and then in dishwashing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators and kitchen equipment with approved cleaners and equipment.
- Cleans kitchen light fixtures, ceiling tiles racks, and air vents as directed when needed.
- Removes, cleans and replaces all safety mats in the back of house areas.
- Cleans dish machine once during shift by emptying water, cleaning all screens and drapes, cleaning the inside of the machine to include all water tanks. Refills machine and restarts.
- Performs all fryer oil duties such as filtering, changing out the oil and any other tasks that fall in this area.
- Segregates and removes trash, recyclables and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Cleans out garbage cans using approved method and cleaners.
- Removes soiled linens from kitchen area and places in designated area.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Assist in setup, servicing and breakdown of special functions.
- Assists in performing minor duties in the kitchen area as approved by the Executive Chef or Executive Steward.
- Performs additional duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.