|Date Posted||February 6, 2019|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Drives roll-off truck to discard tile debris at the Dallas Fort Worth Distribution Centers. Back up spotter to move trailers from warehouse to truck yard. Other duties as assigned.
Major Functions & Scope:
- Completes pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job-related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off-loading devices.
- Drives Roll-Off Truck to discard ile debris at all Distribution Centers in DFW.
- Back-UP Spotter to move trialers from the warehouse to the truck yard.
- Manages bull-dozing the landfill; Landfill Maintenance.
- Operates equipment in accordance with DOT and company rules. Adheres to all local, state and federal laws.
- Completes required DOT and company related paperwork.
- Adheres to all safety requirements.
- Forklift certified and able to safely operate all types of lift truck equipment.
- Utilizae Glad Hand Locks/King-pin locks to secure trailers.
- Must be willing to cross-train on other jobs.
- May train other employees in warehouse functions.
- Any other duty or assignment requested by management.
Knowledge & Education
Must have a valid CDL applicable to the equipment being operated (Class A)
Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and written.
Must be able to work independently and manage time efficiently.
Should have good interpersonal skills.
Must be knowledgable of DOT regulatiosn
Should be familiar with the region in general and the route specifically
Ability to operate Intermec equipment
Must be lift truck certified through Mohawk Industries.
Working knowledge of AS400 System
Extensive knowledge of inventory and cycle count procedures
Dependable with good attendance record.
Must have at least 2 years driving experience
Must have at least 6-month experience in warehouse environment.
Must be an effective team member
Good oral and written communciation skills to effectively interact with all employees within the immediate unit and in related support roles. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to prepare and maintain routine reports.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions. Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to preform all tasks in a safe manner.
Good organizational skills required.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.