|Date Posted||November 5, 2018|
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Primary Objective: Operates in a supporting role of the CMP Electro-Mechanical Technician function by performing various Reactive & Preventative Maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures. Identifies, advises and implements safety improvements
- Ability to learn production equipment processes and operations to aid in machine troubleshooting and operation support
- Performs maintenance functions and optimization projects on high precision manufacturing and handling equipment including process chillers and dust handling systems
- Identifies warning signs of impending equipment failure
- Uses experience to identify and implement improvements
- Services, repairs, adjusts and tests machines, devices and equipment. Assists other departments with preventative maintenance tasks
- Performs basic troubleshooting for electrical problems with single phase and 3 phase motors, wiring and controls
- Collaborates with team in the repair or removal of machines, machine parts, or equipment
- Uses experience and creativity to fix or repair machinery breakdowns to minimize downtime
- Be willing to work at heights and climb as needed
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Associates Degree in Electronics preferred
- 5+ years extensive experience in maintenance of a manufacturing environment
- Basic experience with PLC’s, VFD’s and computers
- Ability to work with automation, production, and computer systems
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Welding and Fabrication skills related to the modification of existing equipment, machinist experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical and electrical drawings/diagrams
- Above average math skills
- Good communication across all levels of the organization
- Good organizational, communication and personal skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Experience with plumbing, pumps, bearings, pulleys, belts, chains, gearboxes, bushings, and the installation and maintenance of those devices
- Understand basic high/low level voltage
- Preventive maintenance on highly automated machinery (packaging machinery, handling equipment, etc.)