|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2019|
Maintenance Mechanic III
Oversees the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the facility. Acts as liaison
with outside maintenance contractors and provides direction for completion of
necessary work. Responds to equipment and building alarms during and after
operational hours. Modifies, maintains, and repairs the physical plant electrical,
mechanical and structural systems. Maintains high-pressure air systems, vacuum systems, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and DI water system. Supervises preventative maintenance, service, and repair of laboratory equipment. Oversees the general maintenance, installation, and relocation of equipment and furniture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assists the Director of Facilities and Operations in the continued operation of the core plant and equipment used in research operations, including any emergencies that may arise.
* Completes work order requests for general maintenance items in a timely and
* Performs maintenance and upkeep on the exterior building, parking lot, outside
lighting, patios and garage gate, as required. Checks, cleans, and repairs building and lab equipment.
* Starts up and shuts down the boilers daily, which includes blow down and safety
* Responsible for equipment and plant service, repair, and preventative
maintenance. Actively identifies problems or potential situations and works with
the Director to determine the course of action necessary.
* Actively researches and makes recommendations on system improvements for the purpose of better efficiency and/or cost savings.
* Performs minor repairs on laboratory equipment including CO2 manifold
delivery system, air compressors, DI water system, vacuum system, environmental
rooms, hoods, pumps, ice machines, centrifuges, refrigerators, and freezers.
* Oversees the contracted maintenance of Glassware and Animal Facilities.
Performs the daily and monthly inspections and/or testing of DI water system,
emergency generator, safety equipment, air conditioning and heating units.
* Performs routine repair and maintenance of the building including floors, walls,
ceiling tiles, doors, drains, restrooms, lunchrooms, darkrooms, laboratories,
electrical wiring, plumbing, lighting and remodeling.
* Maintains logs, records and service manuals. Maintains and supervises
preventative maintenance contracts.
* Assists EH&S Manager in relocation and bulking of waste drums. Responds to
equipment and building alarms during and after operational hours. Inspects and
maintains all facility gases located in individual labs.
* Provides support to the Receiving Clerk as needed and acts as backup in the
Receiving Clerk's absence.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.