|Date Posted||April 14, 2018|
Expected Weekly Hours:
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Healthcare Mechanic maintains and repairs facility systems and equipment to insure a safe and functional environment for patients, visitors and staff. Individual positions may be assigned responsibilities in specific areas, and must be willing to work any assigned shifts to cover department needs.
Job Description Details:
Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Related trade school or manufacturers training preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in plant and building maintenance or specific related trade required.
- Central plant operations experience preferred.
- Strong background in commercial HVAC, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical and Carpentry maintenance preferred.
- Ability to read and follow maintenance manuals and troubleshooting guides.
- Able to read blueprints, specifications, submittal data and O&M data relevant to maintenance operations including electrical/electronic schematics and diagrams.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and respond accordingly to written and verbal instructions.
- Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Maintains and repairs facility safety devices within assigned area to insure on-going compliance with safety codes.
- Performs entry level corrective and preventive maintenance on facility space, equipment and systems in accordance with the following general guidelines:
- General building repairs (i.e. repair/replace ceiling tiles; patch minor wall damage; paint).
- Entry level carpentry, electrical, HVAC and plumbing repairs.
- Entry level operation of Central Plant Equipment, Fire, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing systems.
- Entry level wet and dry fire system operation including Simplex fire panel and fire response protocols.
- Entry level understanding and implement all department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance as assigned
- Entry level AIMS work order system understanding and minimum 90% time accountability daily
- Maintain department basic skills for entry level qualifications via on the job training and self study.
- Prioritizes and completes general repair work orders that are received during shift or passed on from earlier shift.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.