|Date Posted||August 8, 2018|
At City Club Apartments, creating incredible resident experiences is everyone’s responsibility. Regardless of job title, seniority, or whether we’ve had a coffee yet. We hire passionate, personable people and then give them the tools to build a career as unique as they are.
World-class properties, innovation, high-?ves, service, autonomy, community. If you’re nodding along right now, get in touch. We’d love to have you join the club.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, and skilled Helper A to join our club at our High-Rise community in downtown Chicago! This position must live on-site and is part of the SEIU Local 1 Union.
The primary responsibility of the Helper A is to safeguard safeguards the interests of the residents and owners by maintaining the physical condition of property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards. This position also protects the property and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. This role also assesses and makes recommendation to the Head Janitor regarding cost containment and asset preservation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts amicably with residents, with a “service-minded” attitude to identify and address needs or concerns regarding the condition of their apartment and building.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
- Works with the Head Janitor to follow the Preventive Maintenance Program guidelines.
- Performs work to maintain curb appeal standards for grounds and landscaping, exterior and interior illumination, pool and spa, water features; and ensures high traffic areas are in excellent condition.
- Performs general maintenance work on vacated apartments to prepare them for the next resident, which may include: drywall repairs, electrical and carpentry, plumbing, installing new locks, tile-work, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Maintains and repairs the heating, ventilation, and cooling units within the apartment.
- Ensures routine service requests are completed within 24 hours; follows-up with residents to ensure the service request was completed to their satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots basic appliance repairs and identifies replacement and installation needs.
- Follows energy conservation guidelines and return climate control thermostats to the appropriate setting, including refrigeration units.
- Completes daily pool/spa maintenance and inspections to ensure proper water chemistry and cleanliness of pool/spa area, and to ascertain needed repairs or improvements
- Adheres to established policies related to the Fair Housing Act; conforms to all Federal, State and local inspections on equipment and systems as required; and follows OSHA, EPA and NFPA guidelines and standards.
- Ensures that all interior and exterior areas of the property are litter free, clean and presentable.
- Maintains consistent and timely attendance, sets an example for their co-workers in punctuality.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required. Vocational Training Certification and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience within a multifamily community, high-rise environment, hotel or commercial building.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Previous plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and pool/spa maintenance experience; and HVAC knowledge and EPA certification.
SKILL AND ABILITY
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; any day of the week, including being “on-call”.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English.
- Ability to apply sound decision-making when assisting residents and contractors.
- Ability to resolve residents’ concerns while maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Ability to communicate professionally and adapt interpersonal skills to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork by assisting co-workers and direct reports.
- Ability to provide coaching to direct reports to develop their knowledge and skillset.
Visit us at https://www.cityclubapartments.com