|Date Posted||October 9, 2017|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Kiln Technician coordinates and adjusts kiln operations of all kiln areas following Dickson plant objectives.
- Helps to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for kiln area.
- Ensures all safety protocols throughout the plant are adhered to.
- Follows the Quality Management System, which is certified to ISO 9001:2008 for all kiln operations.
- Performs necessary LOTO audits and assists in delivering weekly safety training materials.
- Ensures product specifications are followed throughout the kiln department.
- Responsible for reviewing green and fired product.
- Audits kiln conditions and performance, communicates with the suppliers and client operations and audit this department follows the check list assigned.
- Assist the kiln operators and supervisor in coordination the operations.
- Responsible for training of all new hires in regards to safety, quality policy and management systems, as well as operations of all kiln equipment and product knowledge.
- Responsible for working with maintenance team to develop and sustain operator basic care programs, taking high role in the major kiln maintenance.
- Fill-in and relief responsibility for all kiln job functions.
- Understanding of pallet and box LGV programs, and utilizing the system to assist the plant LGV coordinator with scheduling duties.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires knowledge of safety policy and procedures. Ability to read/write English. Basic computer literacy. Extensive knowledge of operation kiln feed machinery and quality standards and overall ceramic manufacturing.
- Requires Dal-Tile level 3 kiln certification and 1+ years experience in the ceramic tile industry with a strong background in kiln and quality issues.
- 3 or more years tile operations experience preferred.
- Core competencies include strong communication and listening skills, leadership skills, organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, and ability to analyze, plan and schedule.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).