|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
General electric cart/forklift maintenance and PM's, Carpet/tile repairs, Ceiling tile repairs/replacement, Ice Machine PM's, Dock Leveler PM's, Light plumbing repairs (urinal/toilet handles, flushometers, etc.), Door hardware maintenance (locks, closers, etc.), Desk and cabinet repairs, Assist with small office moves
The Maintenance Mechanic provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system, and vendor management. Primary responsibilities will include electrical/mechanical support for power systems, lighting systems and controls, and other facility subsystems and support tools.
This position requires the employee to be on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- General Interior Maintenance: hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems, etc.
- Special Tasks: painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, etc., and general maintenance.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts.
- Assist operations team in maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs.
- Move office furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials, as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards; propose methods to eliminate them.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an applicable technical training program, desirable.
- Minimum of one year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, and basic plumbing and electrical.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills in English – both oral and written.
- Ability to comply with both Jones Lang LaSalle and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate will be provided with tools required to perform assigned work scope.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]