|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Electrical/Software Maintenance Technician for our new Dickson, TN facility. The Electrical Maintenance Tech performs complex electrical duties and a variety of mechanical trade functions in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or distribution of electrical energy. Installs, maintains and replaces electronic programmable controllers, and leads complex projects and initiatives in a manufacturing setting.
- Approaches all responsibilities with the mindset that ensures safety is built into every process task, factoring ergonomics, environmental and hazard elimination into the work steps of the team and themselves.
- Increases overall product quality and integrity while ensuring that process and product waste are driven to elimination.
- Troubleshoots and makes modification to PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller) using hand held device or laptop.
- Capable to apply modification to PLCs, operator panels, etc.
- Repair equipment for distribution or utilization of electrical energy in a manufacturing environment.
- Replace broken or defective electrical and mechanical parts
- Advanced knowledge in locating and diagnosing trouble in electrical systems or equipment working from blue prints, drawings, layouts or other specifications.
- Works standard computations related to load requirements of wiring and/or electrical equipment.
- Reviews respective area for opportunities to drive productivity and reduce costs within the organization, and communicates the proposed solution for improvement.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows LOTO procedures, JHA’s, and Standard Operating Procedures as well as looks for continuous improvement in the process task.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
Education and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in industrial electronics preferred
- Knowledge of NEC electrical code and NFPA-70E
- Advanced, formal PLC training preferred
- Knowledge of SIEMENS STEP 7 programming (AWL and LADDER logic).
- Basic knowledge of DATABASES and SCADA interfaces.
- Knowledge of formatting hard drives and installing to the computers (Computer Setup) and PC application
- Knowledge of VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives) including set-up and parameter changes
- Advanced knowledge and experience of process control instrumentation devices (thermocouples, pressure switches, etc).
- Knowledge of Servomotors and drive units.
- Advanced knowledge of electrician’s tools including measuring and testing instruments.
- 2 + years of experience in electrical and PLC programming
- Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).