|Date Posted||July 8, 2019|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We are looking for an energetic and talented Manufacturing Manager to join our Sunnyvale, TX – Clay Road facility. As a Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the operations for the Clay Road location.
- Ensure that installations, equipment, and tools within the department are functioning safely and are operated according to approved procedures.
- Define and enforce safety and housekeeping standards; identify and eliminate hazards.
- Plan department activities (e.g., material ordering, production, maintenance, product changes) to ensure that output and quality satisfy standards as well as production schedule.
- Verify accuracy and timeliness of production records and logs.
- Minimize waste and delays in production.
- Ensure that operating procedures and quality controls are executed properly.
- Liaise with Laboratory regarding quality; oversee adjustment to process parameters.
- Ensure routine upkeep and maintenance of department installations and equipment, and availability of spare parts; schedule equipment changes as needed (e.g., die changes).
- Develop proposals resulting in improved cost, quality, quantity, and process.
- Coordinate product development activities with other manufacturing departments.
- Coordinate projects for installation/overhaul of equipment.
- Hire and develop new employees.
- Schedule manpower, including time off (vacation, holidays, etc.). Verify timesheets.
- Define work standards and procedures, and ensure that they are followed.
- Address inappropriate behavior through disciplinary procedures.
- Assess training requirements of the team; provide training.
- Ensure effective communication with teams and among teams.
- Work with other manufacturing departments to address quality or productivity problems.
- Liaise with Italian Engineering Department and Italian OEMs during modifications to existing equipment or installation of new equipment
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Management/Ceramics/Engineering.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Knowledge of ceramic industry and ISO quality standards preferred.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical manufacturing equipment. Familiarity with SACMI presses and dryers used in ceramic tile pressing, as well as punches, dies, grids, and spare parts. Familiarity with roller hearth kilns, line setup, production changes and electrical/electronic troubleshooting of presses and dryers.
- Experience with ceramic tile processes, and factors affecting efficiency and quality (min 8 years).
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems relating to the pressing and kiln departments by identifying root causes and implementing solutions.
- Calculate machine settings and material requirements, using concepts of algebra and engineering
- Core competencies include strong communications and listening skills, strong organizational skills, an ability to delegate, and ability to organize, analyze and interpret data. Ability to plan, schedule, relate ideas and coordinate priorities. Ability to train, motivate, and coach employees. Strong electrical background.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.