|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We’re looking for talented and energetic day shift Material Handlers for our new Davenport, FL facility. Positions starting at $15 -$16/hour.
This position is responsible for operating various powered industrial trucks/forklifts to transport finished product to and from truck carriers.
- Loads and unloads product to and from loading platform.
- Operates stretch wrap machines to wrap pallets.
- Monitors equipment or processes and reports problems to supervisor.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 1 year prior experience working in a high volume distribution center
- Demonstrated ability to operate sit-down lift truck, cherry picker, and order puller. Assessment required
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills.
- Accurate measurement capability.
- Ability to understand and speak basic English.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Ability to become Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to do the following
- Stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- Lift and/or move up to 110 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud and will require the use of hearing protection.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).