|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
IVC Group Facility
101 IVC Drive
Dalton, GA 30720
Mechanical Engineer is in charge of installation and start up of new equipment / machines and continue with the maintenance of such installed equipment / machines. Create, update and provide reports of maintenance plans to management, using SAP software system. Must have a high level of industrial maintenance experience. Daily duties consist of maintenance, job costing, and recordkeeping of the building, machinery, equipment and infrastructure in general.
- Install and start up of new equipment and machinery as needed.
- Daily maintenance of general infrastructure.
- Maintain and safeguard company assets in good working condition.
- Create, update and provide reports of maintenance plans to management, using SAP software system.
- Read and produce technical drawings.
- Management of spare parts and supplies in workshop.
- Management of a small team of four to ten people.
- Work with outside vendors as needed for additional services not able to be performed within company resources
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years experience in an industrial environment installing and or maintaining manufacturing equipment
- Must have expertise in mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, pumps, boilers, hot oil systems, chiller plants, process systems, etc.
- Must be able to perform mechanical calculations such as rotational torques, superposition calculations, load reductions, and thermal transfer
- Experience in continuous processes
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD software (2D and 3D)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work flexible hours
- Able to work under pressure and in a stressful environment
- Able to manage projects utilizing all available resources to meet budgets and deadlines
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary
- Commitment to company values
- Travel may be required occasionally
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
SAP experience a plus, but not required
PLC experience (especially Siemens) preferred but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This candidate must be willing and able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and work flexible hours.
– Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.