|Date Posted||March 11, 2019|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose or primary objective of this position.
Monitors movement of tile through the kiln firing process.
Major Functions and Scope:
Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function or responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
- Ensures safe, healthy, and organized working environment for all areas.
- Ensures all safety protocols, which are certified to OHSAS 18001, throughout the plant are adhered to.
- Follows the Quality Management System, which is certified to ISO 9001:2015 for operations, including SOP, SPI and Test Methods.
- Monitors tile entering and exiting the kiln to ensure process is operating efficiently.
- Inspects tile for defects, collects samples and begins looking for trends in defects. Communicates to leadership..
- Performs all responsibilities required in the Control Plan and records Quality checks on Forms.
- Completes paperwork legibility and accurately.
- Monitors equipment and/or processes, fixes issues encountered and ensures timely reporting of any unusual problems to supervisor.
- Acknowledges all alarms, correcting issues or passing onto technical team.
- Handstacks tile allowing no good tile to reach hoppers, then feeds tile back onto line as the process allows.
- Follows company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized, maintaining area housekeeping.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
Education and Knowledge: Describe the educational background and knowledge that are required.
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Basic computer skills.
Experience: Describe the work experience(s) that are required.
0 -1 year previous manufacturing/production experience.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
Good oral and written communications skills. Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills. Accurate measurement capability. Ability to understand and speak basic English.
Associates Supervised: Indicate the number of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory /managerial positions).
Salaried 0 0
Hourly 0 0
Total 0 0
Other Pertinent Job Information: (Such as, American with Disabilities Act – ADA requirements for certain hourly positions).
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.