|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
The Surveillance Operator positions is responsible to monitor casino and associated areas via CCTV and direct observation to insure compliance with laws, regulation, policy and procedure. Actively searches for criminal behavior and advantage play techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
•Maintains strict confidentiality.
•Reviews recorded video and reports.
•Operates CCTV equipment.
•Answers phones, operate CCTV equipment, use computer with associated hardware (printers, scanner and software; Fax, Photo, Access, Excel and Word)
•Observation dedicated to a game or person, which is compared to written documentation.
•Monitors Casino Cage and Count Room, persons and all employees on/or adjunct to casino floor.
•Insures compliance with applicable procedures, Title 31 and Gold Strike policy.
- Maintains familiarity with Mississippi Gaming Commission Regulations and Gold Strike Casino related Departments.
- Must be familiar with specific knowledge of all areas observed including but not limited to rules procedures cheating methods and card counting systems.
- Detect behavior that causes suspicion.
- Writes reports in a factual manner.
- Testifies in procedures stated above as required.
•Performs other duties as assigned by Department Manager or Director.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years of applicable experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be at least 21 years or older.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Mississippi Gaming Permit
- Casino operations and loss prevention experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Windows based applications )
- Strong basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly without electronic assistance)
- Be able to operate, CCTV equipment, calculator and phones
- Must speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be 21 years old and able to obtain a MS Gaming Permit.
- Good attendance, a "positive" attitude, team player skills are a must.
- Constantly sitting, using the telephone and speaking.
- Continually walking distances of up to1, 000 feet between various departments.
- Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and writing, typing on computer keyboard.
- Occasionally carrying, pushing, and pulling documents up to 30 lbs.
Work performed indoors, in climate controlled and cramped environment. May be walking or standing on uneven surfaces to include carpet, tile and marble. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shift Work is a must. Must be flexible if needed to change shifts.