|Date Posted||February 12, 2018|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
We’re looking for a talented and energetic Production Supervisor for our Dickson, TN facility. This role will lead a team of production team members and promote a safety driven culture that prides itself on making the B.E.S.T. product for the marketplace, while ensuring that team member growth and community stewardship are at the forefront of innovative thinking.
- Key leader in the development, implementation and maintenance of safe work practices, as well as setting and promoting safe condition standards; particularly in the areas of ergonomics and material handling.
- Will create, review and audit LOTO policies, JHA’s and the coordinated SOP’s to all area specific tasks.
- Will facilitate the team in regards to Behavior Based Safety, as well as participate in safety committee, daily audits and condition repair.
- Implement and review quality control procedures that ensure product integrity, material specification and process excellence.
- Communicates any and all product and operational defects through the organization and ensure that we get necessary team involvement to attack the issue at the source.
- Find and drive areas of opportunity in recovery improvement, waste reduction and continued efficiency improvement.
- Will continuously review, train and communicate the performance of direct reports, as well as engage in open dialogue to set the path for career milestones and increased technical knowledge.
- Identify, encourage, and develop growth and future leaders.
- Provide technical expertise and coaching to resolve production process issues, creating and ensuring the execution of corrective actions.
- Maintain a clean working environment (Ensure area of operation is free of dust, debris, waste and trash).
- Implement and maintain 5S, standard work and other lean manufacturing principles.
- Responsible for continuously reviewing facility performance, leading root cause analysis and creating immediate corrective action plans with the team to close any and all gaps.
- Bridging all communication gaps between all departments to ensure proper flow front raw materials to finished goods.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture process. Develop, present and if approved implement improvements to processes.
- Adhere to and achieve daily production plan in each department.
- Participate in product and equipment investigations, report and investigate non-conformities.
- Assist with improvement projects throughout the facility.
- Communicate and manage sub-contractor and operators for equipment cleaning.
- Actively look for developing process improvements, innovative ways to increase efficiency and present to appropriate department managers.
- Coordinate with purchasing and department manager for ordering of tools, equipment and supplies needed.
- Responsible for development of daily shift report to all appropriate personnel.
- Asses, troubleshoot and fix mechanical and program issues with the production line.
- Compile maintenance requests, safety concerns, and implement plan to address these issues in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as required.
Education & Knowledge:
- Requires HS diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in machinery/ material/ mechanical/ chemical/ industrial engineering/ business management or another relatable field or equivalent experience in a manufacturing/ industrial plant or similar industry is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years supervisory/operations experience.
- Strong technical background in manufacturing industry and previous quality control experience is preferred.
- Strong written, oral and communications skills
- Organization, data analysis and interpretation, and the ability to prioritize.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and manufacturing databases.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources and make decisions in a fast paced environment, meet tight deadlines, work with minimal direction and handle conflict in a positive manner.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and task oriented.
- Technical and mechanical understanding.
- Able to manage a debriefing.
- Commitment to the company– ready to work unusual hours.
- Ability to wear PPE and maintain company safety policies (Eye Protection, Hearing Protection, Respirator and Steel Toe Shoes).
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).