|Date Posted||November 7, 2018|
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Major Functions and Scope:
- Helps to maintain a safe and healthy work environment for the production area.
- Ensures all safety protocols throughout the plant are adhered to.
- Follows the Quality Management System, and all operating procedures.
- Performs necessary LOTO audits and assists in delivering weekly safety training materials.
- Inspects equipment cleanings and ensures the line is ready to run without contamination.
- Ensures product specifications are followed throughout the production line.
- Assist the operators and supervisor in coordination of operations.
- Responsible for training new hires in regards to safety, quality policy and management systems, as well as operations of all mold equipment and product knowledge.
- Responsible for working with maintenance team to develop and sustain operator basic care programs, taking high role in the major maintenance.
- Fill-in and relieve responsibility for all polishing and mold functions.
- Will need to take on shift lead responsibilities when supervisor is not on the floor.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
Education and Knowledge
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Requires knowledge of safety policy and procedures. Ability to read/write English. Basic computer literacy.
- 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing industry.
- Strong written, oral and communications skills
- Organization, data analysis and interpretation, and the ability to prioritize.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and manufacturing databases.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to seek resources and make decisions in a fast paced environment, meet tight deadlines, work with minimal direction and handle conflict in a positive manner.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and task oriented.
- Technical and mechanical understanding.
- Able to manage a debriefing.
- Commitment to the company– ready to work unusual hours.
- Ability to wear PPE and maintain company safety policies.
Hourly wages begin at $17.95.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families – Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.