|Date Posted||November 5, 2018|
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Assist with designing and implementing tufting manufacturing processes. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing objectives according to product specifications and Company goals. Works under nominal direction relying on general guidelines and limited experience to perform essential duties of the job.
- Facilitate root cause meetings in reference to off quality materials.
- Perform programing as needed in excel as needed to improve jobs & collecting needed data.
- Identify production, quality & safety problems and work towards making improvements.
- Work directly with print department employees to identify ways to improve the department.
- Facilitate and develop employee teams to work on continuous improvement projects.
- Develop, update and print SOP's for print department and lab jobs.
- Research “Best Practices' for department and positions.
- Perform training on SOP's & work on standardization of SOP's.
- Test raw materials for quality & compliance.
- Work with IS to get program changes when necessary.
- Involved with PAC/PI/Infinity QC implementation & set up.
- Work with suppliers to improve or work on the process.
- Support Print Department Plant Manager.
- Provide shut down procedures for production lines to follow when the lines was scheduled to go down.
- Develop, Facilitate, set up metrics and perform monthly reports on CIP projects.
- Four-year degree and 3 years experience OR a minimum of 8 years experience in a tufting manufacturing environment required.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within area of specialty.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills to perform calculations, interpret, and adapt known methods or operating concepts to new situations within area of specialty. Must be detail oriented.
- Strong presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal, and external business contacts.
- Ability to anticipate future business needs identifying, analyzing, and resolving business issues through solution-oriented projects in a cross-functional environment.